Sunday, April 17, 2011

Xun

Jan Fries

Wind and Wood

Gentle penetration

Breath (chi perhaps)

Early summer

Master Alfred Huang

Sequence of the gua: “When the traveler has no place to take shelter, Proceeding Humbly follows.”

The wind blowing gently moves in and out of trees, rustles leaves, and cools the skin. It penetrates into the very soul of emotional response. Blow the candles on your altar out gently, lest you spray wax all over. In the same way the wind if too strong breaks branches, tears things up and chases people indoors. It is the same with wood. If one tries to thrust a sharpened pole into the ground it will only go so far. On the other hand, the gentle growth of a root can penetrate deep into the earth, even breaking through layers of rock.

Commentary on the decision: “…The firm proceeds humbly to the central position. Its will is able to be fulfilled.”

I had associated this previously with Orange magicks. Perhaps revisit in consideration of this new “…Central position…Will is…fulfilled” bit. Now, thinking Octarine. However humble and gentle aids in making friends, this influential aspect may be somewhat like a Taoist yellow or green. This does bode well with the Green. I am leaning in this direction, heavily now. Gentle penetration will ultimately aid tremendously in the acquisition of allies. The debate here for me is really between Octarine and Green.

Upon further examination and meditation I begin to realize the ones octarine hexagram must be chosen or discovered, just as the color octarine itself. This will of course shift all of the trigrams. I think that I and my readers are going to have to be happy with the disclaimer that this particular i-ching colors of magick layover is a personal interpretation and must be discovered individually. For instance Xun feels exceptionally Green to me. When thinking of my personal Octarine I can only see Gen, the Mountain, keeping still.

Thomas Cleary

Really starts off with this idea of Sun Green. He describes the traveler with no companions needing to harness the ability to acquire trust and develop familiarity relatively quickly in order to find shelter. This ability is a direct result of being adaptable. He also repeats this idea that it is beneficial to see great people, which I am just picking up on. Of course, should I be acting strongly in my influential personality traits, great and influential people would be a benefit to meet.

I will have to get back to the Wilhelm works.

Total after thought. I wonder if this Hun as any relation to the Hun in Hun Tun.

just added the chart above. these things may play out with little to now help from me. Good, lol.

No comments: