Sunday, April 3, 2011

Shakuhachi

In the time that I haven't been blogging the work I did to aid me in my work with severely psychotic and dangerous individuals has continued to develop. I began teaching a class on meditation and yoga. The individuals have really taken to this and many of them seem to have gained allot from it.

After some easy chair yoga and stretching I guide the individuals into a quiet meditative state by playing my Shakuhachi flute for 20 to 30 minutes. I do this twice a week. In my early classes one individual said "Its like you are saying a prayer for me." I was surprised and delighted by his intuition. As these classes have become more refined I have been slipping into gnosis a bit during the meditations. I have felt that I needed to be careful and pull back a bit as gnosis gets deeper. However, I have also noticed that as my gnosis gets deeper the class gets calmer. There is a static hum that radiates throughout the room.

No comments: