Monday, February 9, 2009

misc.

I have performed several rituals that have not been recorded. This is to my downfall. I don’t want to go into a lot of excess detail right now but should at some point write the mercury talisman invocation and sigil casting. I obtained results from this ritual in a relatively short period of time. Unfortunately I was not specific enough with my intent and ended up with something I did not quite mean. To give a brief, I cast with the intent of finishing the Xaotao book before I left for my doctoral program. The result so far has been a decision not to pursue that particular program for various reasons. These reasons are necessary and good, but this overrode the more implicit idea that I should have this book written in one year. Now, this is not to say that the intent may still not be achieved. It may come about that the relief itself from the pressure to get it done before a big move and shift in my life will be a good thing. We shall see how this plays out.

I have tightened up on my diet again. Not that I got totally off track, but I was eating too much dairy, and too much in general. On February 7th I fasted all day and then on the 8th ate a bowl of steel cut oats. I found that after 24 hours of fasting I begin to get a bit light headed and while this would ordinarily be an okay state for me I cannot completely fast and feel comfortable in my ability to care for my son at my highest capacity. My eating has become lighter and of grains, nuts, fruits and cooked veggies. I am staying away from processed foods, no veggie burgers etc. I have also cut back significantly on my smoking, which had picked up again at an alarming rate. This is in direct response to the ritual I performed to obtain a name for my addiction demon. This name has been used to great affect to curb the desire to smoke when inappropriate. This is most of the time these days.

Beginning preparations for devotional work dealing specifically with the earth goddess energy. I do not at present have the internet in my study which has slowed me down a bit. Sometimes in dealing with specific practical matters in Taoist shamanism it is frustrating as most of the information that is available in my personal library concerns yoga and philosophical Taoism rather than any practical magicks. Jan Fries has some useful information in a relatively practical format, but still he deals more with meditation than magick itself.

So my beginning preparations included building two new raised garden boxes in my yard, constructing an altar of wood and concrete on my front lawn and cleaning/organizing my study, cleaning my brushes and establishing an altar space dedicated to this specific purpose.

I am feeling like much of this is the manifestation of some “organization” sigil work I have done in the past month. I will have to check my intent bank to verify that. At any rate, taking the Xaobala system as a map of microcosm will guide me in my spiraling in meditations. In this the Xaobala is a map that was developed from observations of the solar system and quantum physics. This is superimposed on the inner self. As without so within. So beginning at earth and studying, working with, invoking, enchanting, manipulated etc the energies at each planetary sphere an order is developed whereby solid work can be achieved. I feel like I have been skipping around, trying this, tasting that, and generally dabbling. It is time to get some depth. And so it shall be.

No comments: